Premier League

Chelsea draw 2-2 in the 25th Premier League round

Defender Antonio Rudiger scored a brace to help Chelsea draw 2-2 at Leicester Stadium in the 25th Premier League round on 1/2.

The match was tense when it greatly influenced the race to win the Champions League next season. Leicester, after losing their breath in recent rounds, is gradually under pressure from Chelsea and Man Utd.

Brendan Rodgers’ teachers and men will increase the gap with the fourth team Chelsea by two numbers if they beat the opponent. But two goals from Rudiger’s goal in the second half kept the distance between the two teams still maintained at eight points.

Rudiger’s two goals came from fixed situations, and were created by Mason Mount. The German center-back opened the scoring in the 46th minute, then scored a 2-2 draw in the 71st minute. After seven years since John Terry scored twice against Fulham, Chelsea saw a defender score twice. in a Premier League match.

Both teams welcomed the return of the main goalscorers, when Jamie Vardy and Tammy Abraham promptly recovered from injury. Concern was also given to Chelsea’s goalkeeper position, where Kepa, despite having no physical problems, had to prepare for Willy Caballero.

Caballero, in his second major start in the Premier League this season, cannot return the trust of coach Frank Lampard. Fumbling in and out of the 38-year-old goalkeeper helped Chelsea not get all three points, although the away team played better in the whole match.

After 64 minutes, Caballero dropped the goal to chase an opponent’s excessive cross. Youri Tielemans watched quickly and horizontally for Ben Chilwell to cushion the ball into the near corner. Caballero, due to the far distance, did not make it in time to make a clearance.

After Chilwell increased the score to 2-1 and Rudiger equalized thanks to the second header in the match, the two teams played tit-for-tat. Leicester, thanks to a better physical platform, created more threatening shots in the last 15 minutes.

They were close to the third table, but Jonny Evans and Harvey Barnes finished outside in an empty position just standing about 10 meters away from goal. At the end, Rudiger let the ball touch his hand, but the referee said no to the penalty in the blockade of the host players.